Chilli Garlic prawns is a popular appetizer from the Indo chinese cuisine. Prawns are in spicy, hot, sweet and sour sauce.
Prawns are a great source of high quality protein, and provide some of the most important vitamins and minerals that make up a healthy diet. They are surprisingly low in calories and are made up of extremely healthy cholesterol.
- Prawns are a rich source of selenium, one of the most effective antioxidants at maintaining healthy cells. They also contain high levels of Zinc, which is important to develop a healthy immune system
- Eating prawns helps build strong bones because they contain phosphorous, copper and magnesium.
- Eating prawns provides a complete protein, which means it includes all nine amino acids in the right proportion for the body to function properly. In fact, 100 grams of prawns contains about 25 grams of protein, approximately the same as a similar amount of chicken or beef.
- Prawns are extremely low in calories.
- While prawns contain higher than average amounts of cholesterol, they do not lead to higher cholesterol levels in the body due to their healthy fat profile. This is because they contain almost three times more Omega 3 Fatty Acid than they do Omega 6 Fatty Acid. Studies have shown that foods with high amounts of Omega 3 are associated with reduced risk of heart attacks and lower blood pressure. In fact, the cholesterol contained in prawns is vital for a healthy diet.
- Prawns are a great source of Vitamins B-6, B-12 and Niacin, which help the body produce energy, build muscle and replenish red blood cells.